I mentioned it in the previous post but I have officially been Maid of Honor FIVE times! You heard me correctly, FIVE lol. Therefore, I know a thing or two when it comes to this wedding planning thing. Especially all the events prior-to, that fall upon the Maid of Honor's responsibility.
What specific questions do you guys want to know? Leave questions and comments below!
It does seem my generation and younger veers from tradition in several areas. Which is completely fine when it comes to style or fashion. However, when it comes to friendships and relationships, I believe traditional morals and values are the best. Being a MOH is another area where keeping the traditional values is a must. You must give your all, provide all you can (time, money, energy), alleviate stress (be the listening ear or shoulder to cry on); and ultimately know the goal is a smile on the bride's face. It is an honor, yes, but it is not all glam and glitter. The MOH is the blood, sweat and tears behind the bridal events and wedding prep/clean up.
There is no question that we love the creative bridal party 'proposals' that are trending. But when someone asks you to be their Maid of Honor or bridesmaid it is literally a question you must think about before screaming 'YES'! This is a commitment, and will effect your personal life. If you are not able to dedicate yourself, your life, your financials you need to respectfully decline. And the bride would respect that decision because you are being honest and she can then recruit someone who is able to help her and not add more stress on her plate.
So are you up for the task? Yes!? Find out where to get started below:
Top 5 Tips & Tricks
1. Know your role - Maid of Honor vs. Bridesmaid definition (Full definitions provided within my informational guide)
2. Communicate with Bride - on wants and needs (need to know points in full guide)
3. Create a Pinterest board - Invite bride and other decision makers
4. Round the troops - get the follow bridesmaids in one 'place' (Group text, GroupMe, Messenger, Email; physical meetings are a bonus)
5. Build Calendar - schedule future planning meetings, schedule bridal events
Sound like something you can handle? Whether you answer yes or no, I can help you figure it out with our newest offerings that will be available for purchase soon!
1. My Full Informational Guide - w/Generic Templates to Planning, Timelines, Must Knows, Multiple Schedules and Calendars, Tips and Tricks, and Preferred Vendor Lists
2. Customized Templates and Timelines. I will have you fill out a questionnaire and I will customize your planning guidelines specific to your wedding or event.
3. Idea Gallery and Handmade Crafts