Well well well, we are basically 8 months out! So I just wanted to check-in with you guys really quick. It's getting SO REAL! I'm at ease though....because...I SAID YES TO THE DRESS...this past weekend. The relief I am feeling right now is so amazing, but we still have a lot to do. I did my best to try to vlog my dress-shopping day experience but I have to be careful to edit around THE DRESS, so I can't promise it'll be published or not just yet. However, either way, I'll be sure to write about it.
In the meantime, I wanted to check-in for any of my engaged beauties out there and share what I believe you should have accomplished at this point in wedding planning. Again, 8 months out! Keep in mind that I'm a person that believes in long engagements. I just love the idea of taking my time planning because I'm severely detail orientated and also just enjoying each stage of the process. Check out this checklist below if you have a 1yr+ type of engagement:
8 Month DONE list:
- Venue: This ideally should be done a year out, to be safe...
- Caterer: This also should be done about a year out, to be safe...
- Photographer: Locked and Loaded
- Design and Details: Always wanted a hot-air balloon exit? Well better get to researching. Or even if you just want basic everything, but you want to do it yourself, Better Get To Researching!
- Your Wedding Party Identified and Agreed upon
- Guest List DONE & Save the Dates Sent
- YOUR DRESS: Listen, people sleep on this so much. A year may sound like a lot of time but that is when you should really be looking and knowing at what your dress is going to be. This task alone deserves its own blog post so stay tuned for that.
- Color Scheme Actuals: This means you not only know the colors in your mind, but you've tested swatches, you've paired your colors together, you know the actual designer that carries those swatches you have in mind and the names of the colors they have designated for them.
- Wedding Party Attire: I would love to say have them ordered already but if that's not possible, at least an idea of the style of cut, the designer that carries them, the price range your party can afford or a plan for you to help them get purchased.
- Registry + Website at least in the works (click the Amazon banner below to get started!)
- Vendor List constructed, begin screening and interviews for locking down things like your Cake, DJ (your songs determined), Decor Rentals, etc.
- Other wedding events: Who's organizing your bridal shower? Bachelorette party or trip? Are your girls all in communication with each other?
Check out this video on my first Bridal Makeup Trial
Stay tuned for the several makeup look trials I'll be bringing to my YT channel. Including testing out 'new' products (new to me). Leave a comment below if you want me to try out anything specific you had your eye on. And...you know what I'm going to say...Don't Forget TO SUBSCRIBE! I have some giveaways planned that you won't want to miss out on! *hint hint*
Thanks for the check-in, see ya soon!