Long time no see... I know, it’s all on me. So now that I’m back, I wanted to share why I left.
Of course, there’s the standard ”I had too much going on at once” response, which would be valid but that’s also not new to me. This more so had to deal with my mental and emotional health tied to all the things I had going on. From wedding planning, to what I thought were life long bonds falling by the wayside, major career adjustments, hitting rock bottom in regard to weight gain (Aka the bane of my existence *screams*), and much more. All which triggered my anxiety and depression to an all-time high - or maybe low? Ha, I'm not sure - but to be frank, it was, and sometimes still is, bad. Honestly, there have been a lot of bad moments this year. But throughout all this, I have learned so much more about myself, and I can’t wait to share my perspective. And now I can say I don’t regret one moment or one tear shed because they all were necessary for the lessons I've learned. One of the most important being:
“No matter how good a person you are, you are evil in someone’s story”
This quote resonated in my soul when I came across it. It was truly a divine find. All my life I have been a pleaser. I've always wanted to be the best friend, daughter, employee, and of course entrepreneur possible. And while focusing on those things I’ve allowed a lot of opinions and one-sided efforts weigh me down. I told myself doing this equaled being a good person, being a person of Faith. I still think spreading love is my purpose but I’ve got to dedicate my time to do that in the most productive ways possible as well as protect my peace and happiness first.
For example, this blog is built on spreading love. I share my passions, my thoughts, and experiences, my tips and tricks in order to be a light in the only way I know how to - to whoever may come across it. But please don’t misunderstand me, as so many others have, I am still human and by no means perfect. I have dark times too, and I am entitled to those just like any other. There will be times when I react before I think, and say things that aren’t always the most uplifting or positive. And to be honest that’s not the part of me I love the most but it is what I believe this world needs. The world needs less of pretending to be perfect and more of the brilliance that stems from each of us being our authentic selves. We are decedents of the most high... I have so much more to say but I'll save that for the new series I have coming up.
So with that being said, let’s get into it...
While I was unplugged from my blog and social media, I was still productive in the aspect of ideas of content for you all and the direction in which my business will go. There have definitely been some shifts taking place, as you can see by the new website, but I’m finally back excited about the future.
Upcoming topics -
- Wedding Series - I'll be sharing the ups and downs that come with wedding planning and how I plan to get it all done! There will be some great DIY tips in this series. Who's getting married out there? Leave me some questions that I can help you research answers to.
- Realty Series - Who's ready to OWN? As a new Real Estate Agent, I'll help you find local resources, and know what it truly takes to find, buy and own your own home.
- Personal Growth Series - This series will just be a peek into my life. Not all the time can we relate to one another but I do think it is so important to know that you aren't alone. This series will also include my tips on protecting your peace, positive energy, ideas for self-care, learning self-love, and relationships.
- Weight Loss Journey - Guys, this has always been an issue for me. I've always had this battle that nothing was ever enough. When I was in shape I would convince myself I wasn't. Which only led to me digging a bigger hole in an endless cycle. So for me, the mental and emotional baggage is the weight I've been carrying and they easily turn into LBS. Well, I found a long-term solution and I'm bringing you with me. Even if you don't need to lose weight, this series will touch on much more than that.
- Of course Beauty & Makeup tips and tricks - I have been missing creating with makeup! I can't wait to try new products, new looks on a budget or on the go with you guys. Don't forget to subscribe to my YT channel.
- Holiday prep: Meals, Decor, Gifts - Home is always my favorite place, but especially during the holidays. I'll be sharing some of my favorites along with where to get your own. Don't forget to check out my personal Amazon storefront.
Thanks for listening, leave me a comment if you can relate to anything I've been experiencing. Was 2019 overall a year of change or was it just me?